Friday 21 August 2009

Momma Bullshit

Well, it seems like me 'taking it easy' yesterday is going to pay off. Yesterday evening, I managed to do a colored image of Captain Bullshit's mother, Momma Bullshit. Today, I have spent time working on the same shot, too. I think it will be ready for animation in about two hours from now. Seeing as it is mostly lipsync animation, it won't be all that hard to get it moving once I start with it, and that scene is roughly 20 seconds, so that's very nice :). Without further ado, the picture (don't mind the background).


Momma Bullshit actually came out better-looking then I originally intended :). My first thought was to have a really old lady be his mom, but I found that, when combined with her voice, a slightly younger mother would also work, and be fun in the process. Besides, there's an old lady in the animation later on, so who wants to look at two really old ladies, right? Well, maybe the audience of 'Golden Girls' would...

I also came across a picture I drew only two weeks ago for one of the first scenes. It clearly demonstrates what is a problem to many animators who use 'traditional' tools, namely that they have to get 'a grip' on their character. This being one of the first fully worked-out pictures I've drawn, it now looks a lot less good then the ones in later scenes (compare it to the Captain Bullshit above, if you will). Luckily, I think this is the only picture that seems to have that problem. Guess I'll have to redo it a bit, then. Perhaps I can just do some touch-ups to make it look more in style again *sigh*. 


On a bright note, I received a lot of backgrounds from the Artrix yesterday. This means I have most, if not all backgrounds for the animation sequence I've prepared for the exam committee and the exposition. So that'll look real good once it's finished. 

So, with tuesday coming ominously close now, I guess I should get back to work. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment